Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bugs and Scary-Pokey-Things

So far Walla Walla has proven a really good fit for us.  We're liking the town, loved the fair, love the schools and just really like where we're at.  Now, if we could just take care of a couple complaints: bugs and something called puncture vine.

Here in Walla Walla we have earwigs a plenty.  Barf.  I love putting pictures on my blog, but I will not include a picture of these creepy-crawlies.  Nor will I include pictures of the many different spider species I've discovered.  However, these strange green bugs that we have, which are called Green June Beetles (according to google), I will share.  Here's one:




There are lots of other creepy little things, but that's about all I have the stomach to share for now.  I guess I should be happy we don't have the yellow jacket problem like we had in Pullman.  But I'm not happy.  I don't like bugs and neither does Holly.  At least I'm fine with killing them, otherwise we'd have an even bigger problem on our hands!

Now, puncture vine is a pain in my ass.  Or more specifically, my feet.  This bastard of a plant has seeds that stick into your shoes and then get transported wherever you go.  Like into the house.  Where people walk barefoot.  Like right after a shower.  When they're feeling really good.  Until suddenly they're cursing enough to make a sailor blush.  (Can you guess what happened to me this morning?)

So, if someone could just take care of the bug and scary-pokey-things for me, I'd be very much obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to know what people think. Even the bad stuff. Okay, maybe just the good stuff ;)